Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Commissioned work is egg-actly what I like

Do you all know and love fishbulb500, an etsy buyer who buys tons from many many sellers? Well, Angie has become a very good friend of mine ever since I sold her my original lil humpty dumpty painting. She's a little wacky and cracked, Angie is, even a tad egg-centric, and recently made a request.

"I want a family, my family, to be humptys"

"Um...what?"

"We are all very 'eggish' looking, so I think it would be swell to have a painting."

"Ah...alrighty."

Soooo, I have begun working on this egg-cellent project. After sketching it out, I have outlined it with my speedball pen and india ink. Here's how it looks so far:

I will post later after I paint it with watered acrylics. Have an eggs-tra nice day, y'all!


Well, here's the finished painting. I have to see what fishbulb500 says!


4 comments:

FishBulb500 said...

Eeee! It looks just like us!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your blog. You had better keep it updated :)

Kat said...

That's such an awesome idea! I love it! Now that's a family treasure for sure!

I can't wait to see the painted version and it's not even of my family, haha!

Jess said...

That is so cute! Did she send you a photo to work off of? I'd love to see the side by side :)