Friday, February 22, 2008

New Naughty Dog Puppet


Doesn't my dog, Sam, look positively guilty? He should...he was naughty yesterday. We had a visitor and Sam was a little too "friendly"with this man. This inspired me to make a naughty dog puppet! I even had to label it as "mature" in my listing. I won't devulge or show a picture of this puppet's naughtiness--you'll just have to look at picture #3 on my listing in my artshop. This is the link: rtisan2.


Here are two pics I will show of my new puppet set:







For my listing, I wrote


"He piddles, he poos.
and fetches balls, he even chews.
He will root thru' your garbage, and eat your shoes.
"Hump-hrey" also does what naught dogs do. Oh, Mrs. Cleaver disapproves!"

I was on the forums yesterday and received a ton of suggestions from other etsy sellers about my artshop and many new ideas for puppets. Etsy sellers are the VERY BEST and niciest people I have ever met. They are all so helpful and generous. Thanks everyone!






15 comments:

meg said...

lol. super cute! congrats on the front page etsy spot!

Field Notes said...

You have a great sense of humor!!!

... he looks seriously guilty. A jury would convict.

Anonymous said...

Sam does look guilty, but he is so precious! Love the new puppet too!

Rascallion said...

Hey, congratulations your aligator puppet made the front page showcase at Etsy too! Good job!

smittenkittenorig said...

LOL. Poor Sam. :) But who could be mad at him & he's even doubled as a muse & inspired a whole line. Sam had a plan. ;)

Tanya said...

Ok, I'm completely amused by this creation. But I think Sam deserves a doggy treat for being your muse and being so cute. He can't help it!

rtisan said...

hahaha recycle--you crack me up

Dharma Designs said...

I LOVE this!!!

JLC Studio said...

Oh, but he's so apologetic looking!! LOL...

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

been there!..my dogs I mean!

Unknown said...

wonderful blog. love the puppets and their inspiration as well. so cute.

Bridget said...

your illustrations are fabulous ♥

Jezabels Jewels said...

haha...yes, he does look a bit guilty ;)

he's also a seriously handsome fella...too cute!

PolkaDotsAndPaisley said...

Beautiful dog! I am such a sucker for the "hey look at me I am so naughty but so cute" pup face. My husband tried to mimick a time or two but doesn't have the same effect. = )

Unknown said...

this had me laughing!! i have a 1930-1940's tin that has this type of puppet(s) in it.... two cartoon characters from the newspapers doing the naughty!..... wonderful to see this art brought back.