Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Winter rears up its watery head again










The rains returned again last night with a vengence, and early this morning, left a shroud of fog everywhere.


This is my first winter here in Santa Rosa and I am amazed at how green everything remains, yet it gets pretty cold and wet. The oak trees look startling and magnificent, leafless yet so powerful and large, it sets a moody canvas with the fog.




When the winter season began, there was a continous drone of acorns pinging on our roof, day and night. Now all the trees are bare, but the small fruit trees already have new buds emerging.















































I'm up early every morning because my dog, Sam, likes to play fetch. He carries his treasured tennis balls everywhere we go.







































3 comments:

femputer said...

Wow. Santa Rosa looks beautiful! Like it's straight out of Kurosawa film!

rtisan said...

I love Kurosawa movies and my favorite Japanese actor was Toshiro Mifune. I have an autograph from him somewhere, when he stayed in the Japanese hotel in San Francisco.

lostintheforest said...

beautiful pictures!