Tuesday, February 10, 2009
If a blogger solicits you for a free item to review
there are some things you might want to consider before handing over your item ( this is NOT about blog give-aways, but a blogger asking you to specifically give him/her a free item with a review on his/her blog in return):
1. Almost all very popular, high traffic blogs and websites do not contact sellers. It's the other way around--they get contacted by hundreds of sellers asking for a product review.
2. Their blogs are most likely low traffic ones.
3. They want freebies.
4. They could just as easily PAY for your item and then review it.
5. They could just blog about your item or shop for free by using your pictures.
6. There are some people out there who will take advantage of you.
This tool might be helpful when deciding whether or not to send a product for review:
free blog ranker:
(blogs with a page rank of 4 and above get good traffic and have a good ranking)
So please be sure to check out stats and stuff, before sending free stuff.